So, a couple of weeks ago I shared with you my knitted Hufflepuff book scarf, which I made for my friends birthday. I was so happy with how it turned out I decided I was going to knit scarves for each house and sell them, so this week I set to work on knitting a Gryffindor book scarf.
It didn’t go well.
I’m not really sure why. I think a lot of the problem was that I decided to use a completely different wool to the wool I used for the Hufflepuff book scarf. I did a little experimenting and tried to knit with two strands, but no matter what I did, it just didn’t look right.
So I went back to the drawing board to have a think about what I could do to make this work.
In the end I decided it was time to put my newly developed crochet skills to the test! I chained 16 and then just worked backwards and forwards until I was happy with how long it was!
After all the ends were sewn in, I just stitched a G on the front, added some tassels to one end (as specifically requested by the customer who ordered this one), et voila!